Jun 14, 2010

Best Music for the Road

Yah yah, I know, long time no blog post. What's with the lame and staggered communication (I ask myself)?! :| I'm working on a plan to change this bad habit. Regardless, amongst many things keeping me busy lately, I've been driving quite a bit. So, I thought it appropriate to address the specific music that helps me stay alert on the road.

Trance/Techno/House - Whether you love it or hate it, you won't fall asleep (OK ... not guaranteed, but a safe bet).

Instrumental - That is, electronica, instrumental rock, or whatever doesn't make you nod off. Also great for making up your own words and/or getting nostalgic. ;)

80s - Can't go wrong with pop synth as well as music gods such as U2, The Police, and INXS.

Early 90s Arrivals - Blues Traveler, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden always keep me jammin'.

To close, there is always the latest and great music from my fave non-evil music site, Magnatune.com. Lots of great electronica and rock.

BTW - I'll admit there are a couple (overplayed) songs rotating on my iPod. My 3 1/2 yr old's favorite "I Gotta Feeling" from the Black Eyed Peas and "Lovers in Japan" from Coldplay (which I'm actually performing at a wedding this weekend).
Enhanced by Zemanta