Jun 17, 2008

Hmm... where is the finish line?

"In the race for quality, there is no finish line." ~ David T. Kearns (born 1930)

Isn't that great!? It's been a long time since I've read it. Just in time, as I was about to rename my new album to Woods of Chaos 2.

There are continued delays due to equipment issues. Pro Tools why are you failing us!!?? Good thing we have backed up data. So, as soon as we get past this additional glitch and mastering we'll have an album. Looking at probably a late July release now. The ironic thing is this album had to have very little editing. Maybe the extra day in the studio payed off or I'm getting better as I age. :) Hopefully the latter as my hands are starting to ache.

Technology is both a blessing and a curse. An Apple (wink wink) a day may not keep the doctor away.

BTW - I finally saw Prince Caspian (see my previous post on the topic). It is well done with great music by Harry Gregson-Williams. Perhaps that put the curse on the album. The equipment failure occurred when I was watching the movie on Father's Day. I had a message waiting from my engineer when I returned home. Hmm... I still believe we were meant to use that mic.