Oct 25, 2007

Operation Straighten Priorities

Setting my priorities straight has recently been a priority. :) I've always set out to make my faith, family and friends come first. However, more often that not (the past few years) work came first. Rush off in the morning, eating lunch while working, long hours and missing dinners a few times a week all became pretty much a regular routine.

I've really had to take a step back and remind myself "I'm in charge of my life." More often than not, I see people (myself included) over complicate or delay the best things in life. God, family and friends are always here (tangible in ALL aspects of life... ever-present assets). I care about them more than anything. They need me. I need them. Work will always be here in the material world. I'm a firm believer that one should be passionate and driven in the workplace (If you're reading this and dislike your job, move on, the right job is out there. Go for it!). Things will get done and keeping a "normal" schedule is not the end of the world. It should actually result in creating more happiness and energy for myself, which all highly compliment work as well as family initiatives.

Prioritize.