Jul 25, 2006

Focus. Let it go.

“Just squeeze your rage up into a bitter little ball and release it at an appropriate time, like that day I hit the referee with the whiskey bottle.”
~ Homer Simpson, contemporary cartoon character on the television show, "The Simpsons".

Funny, but definitely not the best practice. I typically release my stress into the piano or house projects. However, when in major crisis we must learn to let it go. Very hard to do. We cannot control everything and I believe in a God in which I can place my strife and needs. We all have a purpose. When I'm not following my own purpose is when I feel not useful or the most down. I must stay focused. I must take care of myself. I must believe and move forward.

Things like becoming a father make my purpose even stronger (and BTW, just had another appointment today. The baby's heartbeat is very strong. So amazing.). This will be a major responsibility. It's making me reevaluate everything in my life.