Jul 9, 2006

Broad Uncertainty

“Uncertainty is the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security.”
~ John Allen Paulos, Contemporary American professor of mathematics who has gained fame as a writer and speaker.

My first demo CD (1998) was entitled "Broad Uncertainty, " which was based on pretty much the same insights as the above quote. As I often say, we must keep moving forward. Is anything certain? A few things, yes, but often difficult to physically prove. There is always insecurity surrounding us in this world. Faith, hope and love keep me going.

On a lighter note, my lawn is very uncertain at the moment. It's starting to look like the Palm Desert (the brown parts, not the 18th hole at Shadow Ridge). However, it's just a lawn. With some perseverance and TLC it will recover. I have to get over my insecurity as I keep mentioning that I've destroyed my lawn and working on a fix to the neighbors. :) To really embarrass myself, it’s a result of me making almost 3 of the same fertilizer applications in the spring. Of course this was a mistake as I didn’t look at the spray bottle close enough. Head in the clouds… blah blah blah (I'm a creative type and artist, not a landscaper).