Aug 31, 2005

Music Radio & TV - Where's the Variety!?

I've got to say that just about everyone I talk to, email, whatever, enjoy many (if not all) styles of music. So, why aren't there more radio staions or TV shows playing various genres!? Just a few daily segments featuring various genres is all I'm asking. Hence, Podcasting, the savior from hearing the same songs I already bought and have on my iPod Shuffle (which I love by the way) or spinning in my CD player. I'm well aware of the "mainstream."

There is an unbelievable amount of musicians around the world that have serious talent. Podcasting is showcasing a lot of these artists, and more to come. Go check it out on iTunes. It's free and easy. If you use another portable digital music device, be aware you don't have to have an iPod to listen. Listen on your computer...when you have time...no need to tune in for an episode at a specific hour. Many Podcasts also offer mp3 format downloads from their websites.

Honestly, there needs to be more stations like KCRW (in Santa Monica, CA) who are opening up listener's minds to various genres of music. Hey, look at that, they even have several Podcasts going. Go figure.

This is one reason I'm enjoying MySpace.com so much. Lots of musicians across all genres, and we can all be friends.