Aug 10, 2005

Ever Crashed a Wedding?

It has been awhile since my wife and I got out to the movie theatre. We went to see Wedding Crashers last night. I have to say it is one of the funniest movies (even in all it's vulgarity) we've seen in a long time. Vince Vaughn just let it all out. Trying to refrain from laughing right now. It did have a decent story to it as well.

The movie made me think of my own wedding, as well as many others I've attended in the past.

"Many people spend more time in planning the wedding than they do in planning the marriage"
~ Zig Ziglar

This quote is so true. Make sure you're ready to take on the world with your spouse for the rest of your life. That's the point of marriage. It's not about "giving it a shot" to see if it works or love for a few years. Be head over heals (if you're not, the person is likely not the right person). Not everyday will be perfect, but if you prepare how to handle the good and tough times and make plenty of time for each other, it will only improve your relationship. I highly recommend pre-marital counseling to anyone about to get married. Be sure to cover all the bases and be prepared for the unknown.